If you’re looking for the next up-and-coming destination, the best beach to top up your tan or the hottest high street for hitting the shops, who better to ask than someone who travels the world for a living?That’s why the north’s leading leisure airline, Jet2.com, polled its 940 cabin crew members and pilots to ask them to reveal their top travel tips.
The carrier's crew members have built up a wealth of knowledge on the best places to visit and the airline has tapped into this to share with customers its top travel hotspots.
The best destination for beautiful beaches
When it comes to perfect sandy beaches and gorgeous blue sea, Spanish resorts bagged the top three spots, with Mallorca receiving the most nominations from staff.
1. Mallorca – especially the resorts of Pollensa, Cala D’Or and Palma.
2. Malaga – from the black sand of Playa de la Malagueta, to the quieter beaches a short drive up the Costa del Sol.
3. Tenerife – with white, golden or black sand beaches, it was felt there was something for all.
4. Croatia – from the spectacular Golden Horn, to the long sandy Nin’s Lagoon.
5. The Algarve – with more than 100 miles of spectacular beaches, varying from the surfing heaven of Praia da Arrifana to the secluded Praia da Marinha.
The best city break
The city with a beach, Barcelona, was the clear favourite with capital cities - Rome and Paris - neck and neck for the second spot, the fourth favourite was the popular city of Prague and the fifth favourite was the stunning city of Venice.
The best locations for retail therapy
1. New York – from Bloomingdales and Macy’s to Fifth Avenue there’s great shopping at stateside prices.
2. Turkey – open air markets, chic boutiques and Turkish bazaars, whether you’re a haggler or high end fashionista, you can shop to your heart’s content.
3. Milan – the home of Armani and Versace, Milan is a must-visit city for lovers of designer labels.
4. Nice – the place in France to see and be seen, with the shops to match!
5. Estepona – this small Spanish town on the Costa del Sol came out high in the rankings, with cabin crew recommending leather goods and the great market.
Even though they spend all their working life in the air, cabin crew still dream of spending their spare time getting on a long flight to some of the world’s most exotic destinations. The top tipped aspirational escapes were: the Maldives, Australia, the Caribbean (Barbados), the US and Canada and Hong Kong.