Stena Line is encouraging agents to remind holidaymakers how a family holiday to Ireland is an affordable option this summer with a range of excursions and holiday breaks from £15 per person.
As the credit crunch forces Britons to tighten their belts, Dermot Cairns, Stena Line’s general manager for travel on the Irish Sea explains how families can still enjoy a holiday this year: “This summer Stena Line has created a range of affordable day trips and holiday packages to tempt holidaymakers to the Emerald Isle. We have just launched a new foot passenger day trip fare to Dublin, so visitors can head to Ireland’s capital and while away the day visiting the many tourist attractions, indulging in a spot of shopping or sampling an authentic Irish stew. While Kilkenny Castle by coach allows families to experience a little bit of Ireland’s vast history. “Ireland really has so much to offer and we provide the most convenient and cost effective way of getting there.”
1) Dublin Sightseeing Tour - 24 hour return from £43* per adult and £19* per child. Visitors can hop on and off the tour bus as many times as they like and enjoy Dublin’s top visitor attractions. Included in this price is return Stena HSS travel from Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire, return DART rail travel from Dun Laoghaire to Dublin City Centre and voucher for the City Sightseeing Tour.
2) Day Trip to Dublin by Foot Set sail from Holyhead onboard the Stena HSS Fastcraft to Dun Laoghaire and jet across the Irish Sea from only 119 minutes. Visitors to Dublin will be spoilt for choice of things to do including Dublin City Sightseeing Tour, Dublin Zoo and the Guinness Storehouse. After a great day out customers can enjoy a leisurely return journey onboard the stylish Stena Adventurer Superferry. This fantastic fare is available from only £27* per adult and £18* per child or £72* for 2 adults and 2 children.
3) Kilkenny Castle by Coach Visitors can enjoy a guided tour of Kilkenny Castle, considered the finest Norman castle in Ireland, home to the Butler Art Gallery as well as 50 acres of grounds. After completion of the tour visitors have free time to explore the medieval city and local shops. Travel with Stena Line from Fishguard to Rosslare from only £41* per adult and £27* per child.
4) Imagine Ireland for less Customers can take the car and the whole family to Ireland this summer from only £15**per person, per night and stay in a self-catering cottage with Imagine Ireland. This price even includes return Stena Line travel with your car There is something to suit all tastes from coastal locations to rural retreats and converted barns to family farmhouses.
5) Hotel Break in Ireland – Kids Go Free! Stena Line offers a selection of hotel breaks throughout Ireland from only £80* per adult and in many hotels kids go free. These breaks include return travel by car.
To book any of Stena Line’s holiday recommendations or for further ideas visit www.stenaline.co.uk