To celebrate the 300th anniversary of the Hanoverian succession to the British throne, German Travel Centre is offering flights to Hannover from Heathrow, Birmingham or Manchester that will link up with locally organised group tours to visit the ‘Sieben Schlösser’ – seven palaces that lie in the Leine and Weser Mountain area of northern Germany (www.germantravelcentre.co.uk/info/group-travel-to-royal-heritage-routes/).
These palace tours are a rare chance to experience over 800 years of courtly culture, the history of the old and new noble families, from which our own Royal family descend, as well as several different styles of architecture..
Included in the tours is the medieval city of Pied-Piper fame, Hameln, still a beautiful old town and situated at the heart of this palace region, making it the ideal base for the tours.
German Travel Centre’s flights to Hannover can be linked up with the following two night ‘Royal Heritage Routes’ that each include visiting some of the palaces:
· White Gold & Oil Production – this tour includes a guided tour of Fürstenberg Palace and a demonstration and oil tasting at Solling Oil Mill
· Stylist Eras & Vineyards – this tour visits two palaces, the Corvey Palace and the Erlebniswelt Renaissance® at Bevern Palace
· The Noble Family of Guelph & Noble Grain – this tour includes visiting the Marienburg Palaceas well as the Korn distillery for a tasting of the traditional German liquor, Korn made from grain
· Castle Lords & Court Horsemanship – this tour includes Bückeburg Palace, Marstallmuseum and Hengstställe (stallion stables) and a demonstration of horsemanship at the Hofreitschule.
· Of Princes & Barons – this tour includes Hämelschenburg Palace, Pyrmont Museum and the spa park Pyrmont Kurpark
All two night tours include overnight bed and breakfast accommodation in Hameln, two evening means in Hameln, plus a guided tour of the town and a welcoming appearance by the Pied Piper, followed by the specific itinerary from above.
Flights to Hannover with German Travel Centre have prices starting from £130 per person, flying from Heathrow, Birmingham or Manchester. The ‘Royal Heritage Routes’ tours are bookable locally.
For more information call German Travel Centre’s group booking on 020 8 429 2900 or visit www.germantravelcentre.co.uk