Sunvil is supporting the Travel Foundation’s ‘Make Holidays Greener’ week, which takes place from July 2-9, with a series of green initiatives.The Travel Foundation's ‘Make Holidays Greener’ campaign is all about making small changes on holiday that will help local people and protect the environment.
‘Make Holidays Greener’ week encourages consumers to make three simple changes whilst they are on holiday – to buy locally, to remove all packaging before leaving the UK, and to use water sparingly.
Says Noel Josephides, Sunvil’s managing director: “Sunvil has pioneered many specialist destinations in its 41-year history and has been at the forefront of environmental initiatives and good practice for over 20 years. We consistently promote owner-managed hotels and tourism enterprises, including a selection of renovated village properties, within each of our holiday brochures. Sunvil also uses local suppliers and representatives wherever possible, and we encourage our suppliers, through many initiatives, to protect and treasure their local environment. “We’re supporting the ‘Make Holidays Greener’ campaign by asking our clients to make simple changes on their holiday. We believe small steps, such as using air conditioning and water sparingly, can go a long way.”
Sunvil will be supporting the initiative in a variety of ways:
Sunvil Holidays (Greece and Cyprus) and GIC The Villa Collection
· Representatives in Greece are undertaking a series of activities – from encouraging guests to recycle books and carrier bags, to showcasing local produce in their offices. See here for full details.
· Welcome packs and hampers in Greece will feature locally-sourced produce.
· A list of green travel ideas will be issued to all clients travelling to Cyprus departing 2-9 July.
Sunvil Discovery (Italy & Sicily, Portugal & Madeira, The Azores, Scandinavia and Romania)
· The Sunvil Discovery team will be sending durable ‘bags for life’ to all of its clients departing July 2-9.
· A list of green travel ideas will be issued to all clients departing 2-9 July.
For further information on Sunvil’s responsible tourism policy, visit www.sunvil.co.uk/about-sunvil/responsible-tourism. Full details of ‘Make Holidays Greener’ Week can be found on the Travel Foundation’s website at www.makeholidaygreener.org.uk.