Following the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office’s (FCO) decision to lift its advice against non-essential travel to the country, Cox & Kings has announced the resumption of its holidays to Egypt, and is offering a range of discounts on its escorted tours to tempt travellers back.
The company's local staff in Egypt have confirmed that the museums and sites are all open and normal service has resumed throughout the country.
The company's Middle East & North Africa product manager, Mark Stacey, said: “Egyptians want to welcome tourists back to experience their hospitality and see what their country has to offer. March is a perfect time of year to find some winter sunshine in Egypt and the coming weeks should present a wonderful and rare opportunity to experience the great sites of Cairo and the Nile valley without the usual high number of visitors”.
Agents booking clients on the following tours before March 12 for travel at any time this year will save their clients up to £400 per person.
- WONDERS OF EGYPT – save up to £150 per person - now from £1,044 per person for seven nights.
- OBEROI PHILAE NILE CRUISE – save up to £300 per person - now from £1,445 per person.
- EGYPTIAN GRAND TOUR – save up to £300 per person - now from £1,940 per person.
- OBEROI ZAHRA NILE CRUISE – save up to £400 per person with prices from £3,081 per person.
- EGYPT IN STYLE – save up to £275 per person with prices from £1,875.
Prices include all flights, transfers, excursions and breakfast accommodation with full board on the boats. All current fuel surcharges and taxes are also included.