Further to the announcement of the collapse of Goldtrail Travel ltd on Friday July 16 Olympic Holidays says that it deeply regrets the effect on passengers already overseas with Goldtrail Travel group of companies or due to travel over the forthcoming summer holidays period.The operator says that it is a sad commentary on the state of the industry, that again there is another collapse in a 12-month period that has seen a number of other companies fail, causing disruption to people’s holiday.
This demonstrates the importance of dealing with financially stable companies and ensuring that holidays, flight-only and accommodation bookings are fully protected.
The company says that it is happy to assist by accepting bookings, with an assignment of CAA claims, from clients of the following Goldtrail Travel ltd. Companies, Goldtrail Holidays, Goldtrail Travel and Sunmar.
Agents can either download the claims form direct from the CAA Website or see www.olympicholidays.com, click on ‘ATOL Protection’ then under the first paragraph, click the link to the ATOL Claim Form download. If you do not have access to either Website then please contact Olympic's agency sales and they will email a copy.
Olympic's procedure to follow
* You must book the new package holiday or flight-only for your customer through the operator's reservation team, at the current holiday cost. You must advise our staff at the time of booking, the total cost of the previously booked package holiday or flight-only arrangement through Goldtrail Travel companies
* Please note that on booking you must pay the full cost of the new holiday or flight-only booked
* You undertake the responsibility of ensuring accurate completion and signature of the CAA ATOL Claim Form by the lead passenger on the old booking, as well providing all the required documentary evidence
* The completed form along with ALL documentary evidence must be received by us within 21 days of the holiday booking date. Should the form be incorrectly completed and/or incorrect documentation provided in accordance with the CAA claims requirements so as to void the claim, or if the claim is not accepted by the CAA for any other reason, then you will be responsible for the full cost of the holiday
* Once details have been checked we will refund you the amount paid in respect of the original booking with Goldtrail Travel companies.
* Whilst we will submit the completed CAA claim form on your behalf, you will be ultimately responsible for the relevant booking should there be a problem with the claim in respect of it. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Please note we will be unable to accept assignment of CAA claims where bookings with Goldtrail Holidays group was paid for using a credit card as the CAA will not refund in these cases but will direct the client to claim against the credit card company.