The latest bulletin-style news from Tuesday's WTM
- Guestline has launched its next generation EPoS System. It offers a range of new features from complete integration with PMS, optimisation on all handheld and mobile devices, detailed reporting and analysis of stock and billing information through to enhanced security and management operations. For details visit stand TT370 at WTM.
- Tahiti and her islands are promoting the destination’s year-round events calendar at WTM including upcoming sporting, nautical and cultural events. For details see www.tahiti-tourisme.co.uk or visit stand AS265.
- The Apartments by The Sloane Club offer new luxury serviced apartments ideal for both business and leisure travel. The company is announcing new developments at WTM including teaming up with childcare specialists, the Norland Agency; launching guest and member weekends; and teaming up with luxury shops, including Fortnum and Mason, to provide exclusive offers to guests. For details visit stand UKI400.
- NYC & Company will continue to focus on promoting New York City’s five boroughs as part of the Neighborhood x Neighborhood programme next year. New York City is made up of five distinct boroughs: Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. The Neighborhood x Neighborhood initiative intends to spotlight the affordability and accessibility of neighbourhoods across the five boroughs with a particular emphasis on areas that have seen new hotel development in recent years. For details visit stand NA200.
- On October 31, 1864, Nevada became the 36th state to enter the union of the United States of America. The destination is celebrating its 150th anniversary at WTM by sharing the destination’s unique history and culture with visitors to its stand, as well as more than 150 events taking place over the next year. For details see www.travelnevada.com
- Rocky Mountaineer (stand CA1000) is promoting its new Coastal Passage route which, for the first time, allows guests to travel across the US border seamlessly connecting Seattle to the Canadian Rockies via Vancouver. The company is also be highlighting its new global partnership with Norwegian Cruise Line at this year’s WTM, offering five different Rail and Cruise holiday packages in 2014.
- Papua New Guinea (PNG) reports that since its London office opened in January last year, it has seen an increasing number of UK tour operators feature the destination. The tourist office says that culture and cruise are two sectors of the market currently receiving increased interest. PNG is home to more than 1,000 tribes who between them speak more than 800 distinct languages and support a rich and diverse culture. For details visit stand AS265.
- Lowcostbeds, the Swiss-based bed bank, part of the lowcosttravelgroup, has announced the official launch of its tenth anniversary celebrations. The company has also announced a new internal ‘Hotel Rating’ system, which will run for the next 12 months, with recognition given to the best hotel partners at an awards event, to be held later next year, in order to commemorate the company’s ten-year anniversary. Meanwhile, agents will be incentivised throughout 2014, with various promotions, parties and tactical offers, all based around a ten-year anniversary theme.