The latest news from Monday's World Travel Market at ExCel
- Agents visiting the Samoa tourism Authority stand can take part in a recently launched agent incentive allowing them to win a five-night stay in Samoa including flights from Australia or New Zealand if they finalise a booking to Samoa before December 31. To enter, agents should send an email confirmation of their booking to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To celebrate the launch of its OZO brand, visitors to the ONYX Hospitality group stand, AS300, at WTM have the chance to win their own life size sheep if they can choose a smart, simple and savvy name. To enter, agents should drop their business card with the suggested name written on the reverse. Winners will be announced and contacted on Thursday November 7.
- Tourism Malaysia has unveiled its events calendar for Visit Malaysia Year 2014 (VMY2014). It is the fourth VMY that the country has organised. A new Student Ambassadors Program initiative has been launched with 15,000 Malaysian students in the UK volunteering as Tourism Ambassador Leaders to help help tour operator partners promote packages to Malaysia and VMY2014. Three operators have signed up so far - STA, Travel Pack and Emerald. The tourism board also launched its Double Decker bus wrap at the Landmark Hotel in London yesterday. A total of five VMY2014 buses will be in service until November 24 this year.
- Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board (LA Tourism) has launched “Car Free LA,” an eco-friendly initiative designed to showcase the city’s unexpected car-free offerings. Car Free LA features a series of tailored itineraries centered around exploring Los Angeles’ various neighborhoods on foot, bike and public transportation. For details visits stand NA140.
- The Malta Tourism Authority has announced that Gozitan local chef, George Borg, will be present at its stand until Wednesday. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet with George and see what makes Gozitan people and life unique. George will also be preparing local Gozitan delicacies for visitors to try. See stand EM1150.
- Grand Canyon West Corporation (GCWC) is inviting the trade to its stand to meet the team and enter its competition for the chance to win a day at Grand Canyon West. The offer includes VIP transport (from Las Vegas), a tour of the area, plus gifts of handmade artefacts including an arrow and pottery. GCRC’s new marketing director of Hualapai Tourism, Dawnielle Tehama, will also be available at the stand to meet agents and offer information on what to promote in GCWC and Hualapai to their clients. For details visit stand NA230-I.
- Throughout WTM, the Qatar Tourism Authority is offering agents the chance to win a four-night stay for two at the Grand Hyatt Doha, including two tickets from Heathrow with Qatar Airways and ground arrangements courtesy of Qatar international Adventures. For details visit stand ME100.